Rim glasses with honey and togarashi seasoning.
In a shaker add tequila, cilantro, lime, fish sauce, Sriracha, and ice. Shake vigorously until the shaker is cold and frosty.
Strain into rimmed glasses. Garnish with ice buds and fried salmon skin.
Sip and savor this cocktail. The heat from the Sriracha while you nibble the Ice Buds, will have you craving the salty salmon skin garnish.
Rad Remix: Substitute Sriracha for 1 teaspoon “Hot Sauce Gelees” as Garnish
Fat-Washed Tequila Recipe:
- Base spirit (tequila, gin, whiskey, vodka, etc.)
- Pick a fat (lemon oil, truffle butter, sesame seed oil, bacon, etc.)
- Heat the fat to liquid form if need be. In the case of meats, use the heated drippings.
- Pour the fat into a container with the spirit.
- Give it a good shake.
- Let sit at room temperature for an hour to a few days (infusion time varies with types of fat, so experiment!).
- Move to the freezer to solidify the fat (oils that are liquid at room temp will not freeze as well as the fat solids, so there might be some trial and error)
- After frozen, break through the layer of fat that has risen to the top.
- Pour out the spirit, straining through a coffee filter or cheesecloth.